Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Waiting for Kira

Hanging out with the dogs, waiting for Kira to come home. Our tuesday night routine, though the first 2 weeks of her commute have been far from routine. Last week saw Kira rough it through an insane nearly 6 hour commute on monday...she would have been better off on the Ark rather than a train with the nearly 8 inches of rain we saw here in northern and central New Jersey. This week seems to have gone much better...the weather has been perfect (more on that in a bit)...the train from Wilmington was a few minutes late in leaving, but with Amtrak, that might as well be early.
Hope everyone got to enjoy the weather this weekend. Kira and I got our first few rides in together this year. On Saturday, we took the ferry across the river and did a few loops through Central Park. It was crazy crowded, particularly on the southern end, but there is something magnificent about riding your bikes through the park on a beautiful spring day. On sunday, we took the dogs and the bikes out to my parents house for a ride/birthday dinner. My dad's 60th was last week (the 18th)...my mom made a great dinner and Kira and I got 30 miles in before dinner. The dogs had lots of fun running around in the yard and the fields next to the house, and my folks got to spend time with Denali, whom they miss dearly.
We're starting to get lots of responses...getting the mail each day is a lot of fun. Lots of things going on...we were in New Paltz 2 weeks ago to meet with the florist. Kira decided on a bouquet (is that how you spell it?) and we picked a lot of different types of flowers which will hopefully be in season in early June. We're back up this weekend to meet with Puja (she's the lovely woman who will be marrying us)...I should be working on my vows right now, but I don't think Kira will be too upset that I was doing this instead. Hoping to stop by Maplestone and work out some details for the rehearsal dinner. We probably won't be doing too much climbing, but that's OK, there will be plenty of weekends to hang around after the wedding.
I'm off with dogs to meet Kira at the PATH station...they miss her too. Hope you're all doing well. Miss you

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Mikey T., Kira & pups! So happy to have you back in NJ and looking forward to the "big day". Just have to share our discovery of Audrey's Farmhouse. This is a pet friendly B&B that was on your blog. We are booked for your weekend and Goldie will be joining us as well- hooray! I can't wait to take Goldie on the carriage trails! We're so looking forward to seeing you and sharing your day at such a beautiful place. Might I also add.....I feel very modern typing on a blog!
XO, Mary C., Nick & Goldie

kristy h said...

Hi Kira and Mike!
Couldn't comment on your pics without signing in, but I wanted to let you know that your new home looks beautiful - I really can't wait to visit. We are looking forward to this weekend!
Love, Cousin Kristy