Saturday, March 17, 2007

Back and Forth

Since Kira won't be moving up to Hoboken until the end of the month, I've been on the road (or rail) each Friday afternoon to spend the weekend with her and Luna in Philly. Yesterday was quite a trip...5 hours from when I stepped on the ferry to leave Manhattan until I parked the car around the corner from the house on South Street (it should've been a 2 hour trip). It wasn't as bad as it sounds...the traffic on the turnpike was relatively well behaved, moving along and obeying the 35 mph speed limit. A few cars spun around pointing the wrong way, and more than a few SUV's flipped over on the side of the road (don't get me started...) I'm happy to have made it home safe and sound...Kira and I enjoyed dinner at L2, watched some TV and went to bed after a long day.
We slept in a bit this morning, took Luna to the park and had breakfast at Ant's Pants...a fine morning indeed. We're hoping to take care of a few wedding and moving things this weekend, though Kira is having a hard time tearing herself away from the piles of old photos (Pete Doran, you sure were hot in high school) and keepsakes (why is it that most "keepsakes" are in fact things you have no real reason to keep) she recently uncovered from the boxes of things her mom gave us last weekend. It's hard to believe the wedding is less than 3 months away. I'm sure there's so much to do, but I don't feel like we're too far behind. I think that's one of the great things about having the wedding in New Paltz...if it were closer, I feel like we'd be pressed to be far more hands on, but it's been easier (and necessary) to hand things over to the people up there who are in charge of the day.
One of the most important things we've been able to take care of here in Philly is our invitations. Kira's sister, Erika, is making them for us, and they are beautiful. She's managed to design something which suits Kira and I perfectly, we couldn't be happier. Erika is remarkable...to call her my new sister is a blessing.

1 comment:

erikaebert said...

Thank you Mike! I'm so glad that you guys love them, it was such a pleasure to be a part of this for your wedding. :)